Delivery Services collect used furniture from offices throughout Northern Ireland for redistribution to charities, new businesses and schools. Collected furniture that is of a re-usable standard is sold, and all furniture that is not suitable for re-use is recycled.
We have invested heavily in specialist equipment to facilitate the office furniture recycling process. The shredding facilities are used to break down unusable furniture into components for recycling; metal goes to a local metal recycling plant and wood chip is sold on to be used as biomass fuel. All plastic and textile components go to designated recycling and re-use companies.
Businesses can save up to 80% on the cost of sending furniture to landfill by opting to re-use and recycle. Companies that use us for office clearances are presented with a certificate stating where the furniture has gone, the weight that has been recovered, and the energy, to introduce carbon reduction environmental savings that the company has made by not sending the furniture to landfill.
We have recycled furniture for organizations large and small who see furniture recycling as contributing to the fight against climate change. Customers include the Queen’s University, Belfast City Council and the University of Ulster.
Clearly the corporate benefits of using Delivery Services for your commercial removals are:
- diverting tonnes of waste away from landfill
- reducing your CO2 emissions, thereby reducing the carbon footprint of your business
- making excellent commercial value of the maxim ‘reduce, re-use, recycle’
WEEE Directorate (Electrical Goods) Environmental Disposal
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations (2006) became law in July 2007. Since then, the waste industry has seen an increase in the amount and variety of electrical waste being collected and recycled in a correct and environmentally friendly manner. In the UK, 222 million units of electrical equipment are put on the market each year, with office and business supplies accounting for 21 million of these items.
We provide a collection and recycling service fully adherent to the WEEE Directive.
- collect your redundant office equipment (even small unwanted items such as office staplers and hole punches), IT equipment (PCs, monitors etc.) – these are all shredded and recycled
- collect your redundant white goods – fridges, dishwashers etc.
- provide full certification showing the outcome of your waste, providing an audit trail for your company
- can supply specific WEEE waste containers in various sizes for on-going contracts or quote for ad-hoc collections (on request)
We provide a complete recycling package for all electrical WEEE with a full audit trail – all recycled items will achieve a certificate for WEEE disposal, usually referenced with the items’ asset register.
We provide a fully compliant WEEE service for the following products:
- Computers: Desktops, laptops, servers
- Monitors: LCDs, CRTs, TFTs
- Telecoms equipment
- Fluorescent tubes
- Fax machines
Computer equipment/computer peripherals: printers, scanners, keyboards, mice, human interface devices, cables etc.
We hold all necessary licenses to transport, process and dispose of any type of electrical goods in an environmentally safe and sensitive way. Our recycling solutions are fully audited and are delivered with a complete audit trail, customer and environment agency reporting as required.
Data held on any IT equipment collected will be securely and permanently destroyed.